Chattanooga ModelCon 2014
January 10th & 11th, 2014
Friday 2pm - TBD
Saturday 8am - 4pm (ish)
Fees (same as the last 3 years... we don't believe in inflation!):
- $15 for 3 models
- $1 for each additional model
- $3 discount for pre registration
- $2 discount for IPMS or AMPS membership
- Juniors are free
- Walk-ins $5
Pre-registration will once again be available and encouraged! Help us out by getting your entry info in before hand and get a $3 discount. You don't owe any money until the day of the show, and you can add or delete models to your entries on the day of the show!
Starting a new tradition for ModelCon in 2014...show pins...available for purchase...$5 each
Where to stay?
We have set up a show rate at the Chattanooga Marriott Downtown, right next to and attached to the Convention Center...the ultimate in convienence. Once you're checked in, you don't have to step outside until you check out and leave town! The rate is $99/night.
You can book your room by clicking here. Or you can call the main reservation line at 800-228-9290, or the hotel directly at 423-756-0002. If you call either number for a room, make sure you tell them that you're with the Chattanooga Scale Modelers.
Grex is back!
That's right, Bryant Dunbar will be back at ModelCon. This time, instead of doing one airbrush seminar, Bryant will have his own tables with some seating available and will be doing demo's hourly on more advanced airbrush techniques. Stop by and see what Grex has new and see what a Grex can do!
Last year we moved to the Chattanooga Convention Center. 18,000 square feet (about DOUBLE the space we've had for the last two years!) of CARPETED display and vendor space in one room, with a seperate room for the judges meeting and seminars.
Parking alerts! Free parking can be a challenge in downtown. But there are several options for reasonably priced parking:
- Convention Center Garage - Normal Saturday rate for all day parking is $8.
- Chattanoogan parking garage - this garage is on the block immediately behind the Convention Center and is accessed via the driveway into the Chattanoogan Hotel. The walk isn't bad, and parking is $5.
- The Siskin facility across the street from the front side of the Convention Center offers parking for Convention Center events on the weekend for $5.
- And, if you are willing to walk a bit, there is lots (no pun intended) of free parking available at Findley Stadium...about 6 blocks away.
Here's a preview of what to expect:
Our custom brand of the Gold, Silver, Bronze juding format. Click here for the guide lines.
"Showcase" display for past winners. Click here for more details.
New category for model photography. Click here for more details.
Make 'N Take. Click here for more details.
Hospitality gathering Friday night. Click here for more details.
World of Wheels will be at the Convention Center the SAME weekend. Click here for more details.
Did we mention that we've got 18,000 SF to spread out in this time?
Did we mention that it is CARPETED?
Did we mention that we'll be using our PVC table leg extenders to help preserve your backs again?
Did we mention that this is the one show of the year that you can't afford to miss?