Chattanooga ModelCon 2014
January 10th & 11th, 2014
Friday 2pm - TBD
Saturday 8am - 4pm (ish)
Fees (same as the last 3 years... we don't believe in inflation!):
- $15 for 3 models
- $1 for each additional model
- $3 discount for pre registration
- $2 discount for IPMS or AMPS membership
- Juniors are free
- Walk-ins $5
Pre-registration will once again be available and encouraged! Help us out by getting your entry info in before hand and get a $3 discount. You don't owe any money until the day of the show, and you can add or delete models to your entries on the day of the show!
We will once again set up a ModelCon hotel show rate. That rate will be with either the Marriott (which is attached to the convention center) or the Staybridge (where we were last year, right across the street from the convention center). Or possibly both. More info to come on that front.
Parking alerts! Free parking is a challenge in downtown. But there are several options for reasonably priced parking:
- Convention Center Garage - Normal Saturday rate for all day parking is $8.
- Chattanoogan parking garage - this garage is on the block immediately behind the Convention Center and is accessed via the driveway into the Chattanoogan Hotel. The walk isn't bad, and parking is $5.
- The Siskin facility across the street from the front side of the Convention Center offers parking for Convention Center events on the weekend for $5.
- If you stay at the Staybridge, parking there is free for hotel guests.
- And, if you are willing to walk a bit, there is lots (no pun intended) of free parking available at Findley Stadium...about 6 blocks away.
We've moved to the Chattanooga Convention Center. 18,000 square feet (about DOUBLE the space we've had for the last two years!) of CARPETED display and vendor space in one room, with a seperate room for the judges meeting and seminars.
Here's a preview of what to expect:
Our custom brand of the Gold, Silver, Bronze juding format. Click here for the guide lines.
"Showcase" display for past winners. Click here for more details.
New category for model photography. Click here for more details.
Academy Club Build Challenge. Click here for more details.
Seminars. Click here for more details.
Make 'N Take. Click here for more details.
Hospitality gathering Friday night. Click here for more details.
World of Wheels will be at the Convention Center the SAME weekend. Click here for more details.
Did we mention that we've got 18,000 SF to spread out in this time?
Did we mention that it is CARPETED?
Did we mention that we'll be using our PVC table leg extenders to help preserve your backs again?
Did we mention that this is the one show of the year that you can't afford to miss?